We are looking for a reliable Safety Manager to ensure everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws. You will be responsible for establishing policies to create and maintain a safe workplace.
As a safety manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and general public on all jobsites
- Travel regularly to all company jobsites in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and the East Bay
- Develop, coordinate, implement and enforce overall safety programs, including safety orientation for new hires, oversee OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 certification, CPR and First Aid training, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Develop and implement a safety program for subcontractors
- Maintain OSHA records and required reporting;
- Ensure appropriate treatment of injuries/accidents are followed;
- Conduct post-accident investigation of all accidents and near misses within 24 hours of an incident; write a job-hazard analysis; provide applicable safety reports to HR to submit workers compensation carrier reports;
- Represent Skyline in any OSHA site audit, dispute of any OSHA citation, or any other OSHA related matters.
- Ensure Superintendents are holding safety meetings and review and maintain Safety Minutes in central file;
- Conduct safety audits on projects, review safety recommendations with Superintendent, and issue Audit Report within 24 hours of site visit. Follow-up to ensure all recommendations have been implemented and deficiencies addressed in the audit have been remedied;
- Conduct pre-task safety planning meetings with Skyline project teams
- Identify known/potential exposures and recommend corrective action
- Create and report specific measureable safety performance
- 8 years of proven experience in Safety, 5 years as a Safety Manager in the Construction Industry
- BS/BA in safety management or relative field
- Valid certificate in occupational health and safety preferred
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and motivational skills required to work effectively with management, staff and outside entities
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies
- Must be able to utilize a computer to perform data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet operations.
We are looking for Safety Managers to join our San Francisco office green button below to apply.
San Francisco Office
731 Sansome St.
San Francisco, CA 94111