HR PAYROLL SPECIALIST
- Processes transfer of weekly payroll for 130 employees and the ability to handle company employee growth,
- Manages workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely, including all compensation data.
- Verify and monitor various withholdings, ensuring timely deductions, as well as, payment to each appropriate payee each week in conjunction with payroll provider.
- Reconciles payroll prior to transmission and validates confirmed reports.
- Serve as contact for payroll questions and requests from all levels of employees and vendors.
- Stays current on the payroll processing system and payroll reporting requirements.
- Works with payroll application technical support to troubleshoot problems.
- Manages appropriate Union dues and records for all Union employees, handles inquiries from Union members and notifies HR Manager of any issues which should arise.
- Process correct manual check and garnishment calculations and compliance in conjunction with payroll provider, and other state, federal court orders received.
- Distributes accurate and timely year-end reporting as necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Reviews and data entry keys time cards with accuracy.
- Ensures payroll maintenance items are transmitted to accounting software, payroll software including 401k, Garnishments, accurately.
- Review payroll reports for discrepancies and finds solutions.
- Provides administrative services for confidential HR transactions with timely and accurate data entry into Paychex, including address changes, updates benefit vendor portals, 401(k) deferrals and other data sources per our company benefits package for all insurance carriers.
- Calculates and maintains records for annual HCSO and ACA reporting, submits as required.
- Submits 401k deferrals and hours weekly to provider, verifying accuracy of deductions and employer match on a weekly basis.
- Transmits FSA deferrals weekly to provider.
- Processes FSA healthcare and dependent care enrollments and changes with Provider.
- Processes employee status changes with COBRA Administrator.
- Provides outstanding customer service to current staff plus interns, and former staff in matters related to payroll, benefit deductions, information in a manner that is presented positively, customer-focused, sensitive, while maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Conducts Benefits Orientation for new hires, and handles benefit related questions.Understands leave laws and ability to understand and explain them to employees.
We are looking for a HR Payroll Specialist to join our San Francisco team. Click on the green button below to apply.